Careers at Sweepr
🇪🇸 Madrid, Spain
October 31, 2019
Sweepr has developed an intelligent consumer interaction platform capable of providing automated technical support for the connected home. With the Sweepr platform, our global service provider and device manufacturer clients can better understand the status of all connected devices in the home and use this information combined with voice based interactions to help the homeowner through any problems they may be having.
We are seeking a Senior Devops Engineer to assist with managing our Sweepr cloud platform. This person will compliment a strong team with proven heritage in building highly successful startups focused on communications to address key consumer pain points. The ideal candidate will have a strong support, managed services, or Devops background supporting and managing mission critical systems with a large, tier one user base.
This role is based in our Madrid office in Alcalá de Henares.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering or related discipline
- 3-7 years in infrastructure management, managed services, technical support and Devops
- Help drive the development of the Sweepr Cloud platform as a managed service, developing out our managed services offering using DevOps principles and utilizing advanced cloud capabilities
- Take ownership of the Sweepr cloud estate, developing automation around build, configuration management, deployment and monitoring to ensure we meet well defined SLAs
- Work alongside our Customer Delivery and QA functions to support handover to our managed services team, defining strong Devops handover and acceptance processes based on industry best practises
- Provide support in addressing stability issues with our cloud environments as and when they occur
- Assist in key non-functional QA in areas such as HA/DR. Load testing and Penetration testing
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team of architects, product managers, engineers, devops and creative designers to create a world class end to end Platform as a Service
- Assist in mentoring more junior team members with managed services and Devops best practises
Ideally you would have the following skills:
- Extensive experience with AWS and AWS native toolsets such as AWS Cloud Formation, AWS EC2, S3, VPCs, RDB
- Extensive experience with automation and configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Vault, Nomad, Jenkins or similar
- Strong knowledge with Web Services, API Gateways and application integration development and design
- Strong background in Linux
- Strong background with source control management systems (GIT or Subversion); Build Systems (Maven), Code Quality (Sonar), Artifact Repository Manager(Maven), Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
- Experience with managing REST API based platforms that enable consumer clientside applications.
- Understanding of message oriented middleware technologies such as Rabbit MQ and MQTT.
- Desirable would be an understanding of IOT protocols, Bluetooth, WIFI and IP Network protocols.
- Also desirable is an understanding of analytics technologies such as Apache Spark, Machine learning, and Natural language processing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or higher, and/or equivalent experience