Careers at Sweepr
🇪🇸 Madrid, Spain
November 30, 2019
About the company
Sweepr has developed an intelligent consumer interaction platform capable of providing automated technical support for the connected home. We are at the forefront of transforming how customer care is delivered by increasing the frequency with which consumers can solve technical issues themselves and augmenting customer care agents capabilities when they do become involved. Our clients are service providers and product manufacturers who use the Sweepr platform to deliver appropriate technical support content that has been intelligently selected based on a rich array of context gathered from the consumer’s connected environment.
About the role
The key objective of this role is to successfully integrate the Sweepr platform with our customer’s existing back office systems, customer care tools and home network data feeds. This is a server-side developer role as part of a highly-skilled and multidisciplinary delivery team. Sweepr is a cloud-based platform that has a number of critical integration points with our customer’s APIs and databases, particularly in areas such as real-time management of connected home devices, security and authentication including single sign on, and customer care and operations tooling. This role will be involved in scoping, advising Technology Consultants on integration and data requirements, technical design, and software development of the integration layers and associated data mapping to ensure the Sweepr deployment is successful.
We are seeking an ambitious, highly motivated new colleague to work within our global delivery team to ensure we are delivering highly-scalable, stable and proven production-ready integrated solutions to our customer base.
The ability to travel internationally is essential and will be on an as-needed basis to support the growth of the business.
The ideal candidate will have a strong enterprise software development background with experience in the deployment of enterprise software products and platforms into large organisations.
The right candidate will embrace the challenge of working in a fast moving company as it continues to grow rapidly.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering or related discipline
- At least 4 years’ experience with major scale server-side software development
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong interest in developing highly scalable and stable software solutions
- Excellent communications skills & strong experience interacting with large
- enterprise clients on a daily basis
- Highly self-motivated
- Ambitious and career focused individual looking to advance their career
- within a rapidly expanding company
- A keen interest in new technologies
- Ability to motivate and lead
Preferred Technical Experience
The following technologies frameworks and toolsets are used in our products and associated solutions, the candidate’s familiarity with some or all of these are desirable.
- High volume, mission critical software solutions in Telecommunications, Finance or similar markets
- Experience with development using Java Enterprise technology platforms including components such as Spring Integration, Spring Data, Spring Security, JPA, REST API and JSON development and lightweight cloud containers such as Docker
- Experienced in Web application, middleware and messaging servers, especially Tomcat, Spring Integration and Message oriented middleware (i.e. MQTT)
- Understanding of web application tools and consumer facing web and mobile applications and client-side technologies such as React, Angular, Swift, IOS and Android
- Also desirable is an understanding of analytics technologies such as Apache Spark, Machine learning, and Natural language processing
- Understanding of Voice assistant platforms such as Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- Interest in IOT technologies and consumer-focused connected devices