Careers at Sweepr
🇪🇸 Madrid, Spain
January 31, 2021
About the company
At Sweepr we are helping our clients to evolve the digital relationships they have with their customers through highly personalised automation of the customer service experience. Such automation can deliver a range of efficiency, scalability and UX advantages but it cannot be at the cost of understanding a customer’s needs or missing the opportunity to educate them on all that our clients have to offer. Only when customers feel they are being spoken to in a way that understands their individual needs will automated digital interactions be the customer engagement mode of choice. Sweepr is helping our clients to achieve that transformation.
Sweepr is committed to creating a workplace culture based on equality, dignity and diversity, where differences are welcomed and each employee feels valued and respected. We believe that a diverse workforce is one in which different perspectives and backgrounds can be used to provide not only the energy and creativity that will drive our work but also make our workers feel free from the pressures of having to “fit in”. Employees at Sweepr will be free to be themselves. This philosophy applies not only to workers of different ethnicity but also workers from neurodiverse and LGBTQIA+ backgrounds. Sweepr will be a supportive environment where you will be treated with dignity and respect.
About the role
We are seeking a QA engineer to work within our global Professional Services team where you will be applying skills across a wide array of disciplines to achieve client go-live and ensure a successful customer journey in production use of the Sweepr platform.
The ideal candidate will have a QA background in validating consumer focused web, messaging/voice and mobile applications using best in class software frameworks and QA methodologies and will have experience in delivering production ready, mission-critical systems to a large user base. The right candidate will embrace the challenge of working in a fast-moving company as it continues to grow rapidly.
This role is based in our Madrid office in Alcalá de Henares.
The key objective of this role is to:
• Take on the role of QA within an agile software development team working on projects delivering our platform into market, working with the QA Lead and Development leads to help establish effective agile QA practices.
• Develop and execute on QA plans that align with Product release cycles and Customer deployments.
• Mentor more junior developers and QA team members, guiding them in best practice and where necessary establishing clear methodologies and approaches to help ensure high quality output.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering or related discipline
• 4-5 years in the Quality assurance of Enterprise software products.
Ideally you would have the following skills:
• Strong understanding of QA best practices in an Agile development environment, including the ceremonies to understand features and define test plans for them, and how to create automation strategies for longer term regression test cycles
• Expert level capability in Web and Mobile QA for consumer facing applications and tools, focused on creating repeatable sets of test packages
• Good Understanding of cloud server infrastructure’s and applications to facilitate troubleshooting. This includes areas such as Java process memory management and analysis, database analysis, server I/O, CPU and Memory, REST and HTTP protocols and Java stacks and log analysis.
• Some understanding of Java Enterprise technologies including Spring framework components such as Spring Integration, Spring data, JPA, REST API development and lightweight cloud containers
• Understanding of REST API and JSON development for client-side applications
• Understanding of message-oriented middleware technologies such as Rabbit MQ or MQTT
• An understanding of test automation and non-functional testing such as load testing and penetration tests
• An understanding of IOT protocols, Bluetooth, WIFI and IP Network protocols is desirable
• An understanding of analytics technologies such as Apache Spark, Machine learning, and Natural language processing is desirable