Careers at Sweepr
🇪🇸 Madrid, Spain
August 30, 2019
Sweepr, a startup focusing on providing an autonomous care platform for the connected home
is seeking a QA Engineer in our Madrid office to assist with developing out our Sweepr cloud
platform and deploying it into our Tier 1 customer base. This person will be a core part of the QA
team in Sweepr, their skills will compliment a strong team with proven heritage in building
successful startups focused on communications to address key consumer pain points.
The ideal candidate will have a strong QA background in validating consumer focused web,
messaging/voice and mobile applications using best in class software frameworks and QA
methodologies and will have commercial experience in delivering production ready, mission
critical systems to a large user base.
This role will be based in our Madrid office in Alcala Des Henares.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering or related discipline
- 2-5 years in the Quality assurance of Enterprise software products.
- Take on the role of QA within an agile software development team working on projects delivering our platform into market, working with the QA Lead and Development leads to help establish effective agile QA practises. This will start with a focus on the core product but will expand out to major scale, mission critical customer deployments.
- Develop and execute on QA plans that align with Product release cycles and Customer deployments.
- Mentor more junior developers and QA team members, guiding them in best practise and where necessary establishing clear methodologies and approaches to help ensure high quality output.
Ideally you would have the following skills:
- Strong understanding of QA best practises in an Agile development environment, including the ceremonies to understand features and define test plans for them, and how to create automation strategies for longer term regression test cycles.
- Expert level capability in Web and Mobile QA for consumer facing applications and tools, focused on creating repeatable sets of test packages. This should include regression tests, automated tests and in time non-functional tests such as load testing and penetration tests.
- Good Understanding of cloud server infrastructure’s and applications to facilitate troubleshooting. This includes areas such as Java process memory management and analysis, database analysis, server I/O, CPU and Memory, REST and HTTP protocols and Java stacks and log analysis.
- Some Understanding of Java Enterprise technologies including Spring framework components such as Spring Integration, Spring data, JPA, REST API development and lightweight cloud containers.
- Understanding of REST API and JSON development for client side applications.
- Understanding of message oriented middleware technologies such as Rabbit MQ and MQTT.
- Desirable would be an understanding of IOT protocols, Bluetooth, WIFI and IP Network protocols
- Also desirable is an understanding of analytics technologies such as Apache Spark, Machine learning, and Natural language processing.