Careers at Sweepr
Senior Devops Engineer
🇪🇸 Madrid, Spain
Sweepr has developed an intelligent consumer interaction platform capable of providing automated technical support for the connected home. We are at the forefront of transforming how customer care is delivered by increasing the frequency with which consumers can solve technical issues themselves and augmenting customer care agents capabilities when they do become involved. Our clients are Communication Service Providers and Connected Product Manufacturers who use the Sweepr platform to deliver appropriate technical support content that has been intelligently selected based on a rich array of context gathered from the consumer’s connected environment.
Sweepr is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Due to the rapid growth in customer deployments of the Sweepr platform, we are now looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our multicultural team.
The ideal candidate will have strong support, managed services, and SaaS DevOps background supporting and managing mission-critical systems with a large, tier-one user base.
This role is based in our Madrid office in Alcalá de Henares.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering or related discipline
- 3-7 years in infrastructure management, managed services, technical support and Devops
- Help drive the development of the Sweepr Cloud platform as a managed service, developing out our managed services offering using DevOps principles and utilizing advanced cloud capabilities
- Take ownership of the Sweepr cloud estate, developing automation around build, configuration management, deployment, and monitoring to ensure we meet well defined SLAs
- Work alongside our Customer Delivery and QA functions to support handover to our managed services team, defining strong DevOps handover and acceptance processes based on industry best practices
- Provide support in addressing stability issues with our cloud environments as and when they occur
- Assist in key non-functional QA in areas such as HA/DR, Load testing and Penetration testing
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team of architects, product managers, engineers, DevOps and creative designers to create a world-class end-to-end Platform as a Service
- Assist in mentoring more junior team members with managed services and DevOps best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering and/or equivalent experience
- 3-7 years in infrastructure management, managed services, technical support, and SaaS DevOps
Ideally, you would have the following skills:
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape
- Extensive experience with AWS and AWS native toolsets such as AWS Cloud Formation, AWS EC2, S3, VPCs, RDB
- Extensive experience with automation and configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Vault, Nomad, Helm or similar
- Strong knowledge with Web Services, API Gateways and application integration development, and design
- Strong background in Linux
- Strong background with source control management systems (GIT or Subversion); Build Systems (Maven), Code Quality (Sonar), Artifact Repository Manager (Maven), Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management
- Understanding of message-oriented middleware technologies such as Rabbit MQ and MQTT
- Desirable would be an understanding of IoT protocols, Bluetooth, WIFI and IP Network protocols
- Also desirable is an understanding of analytics technologies such as Apache Spark, Machine learning, and Natural language processing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff