Careers at Sweepr
Senior UX Designer
🌎 Remote (UK & Ireland)
December 20, 2020
About the company
We believe in the evolution of Digital Relationships with your customers. We know however for your customers to feel the same the landscape of automated interactions must be greatly transformed. Sweepr understands that in order engage your customers in digital channels you must putUser Experience at the forefront of all customer interactions.
Sweepr optimizes both inbound and outbound customer automated interactions in a way that is unique to us. We believe that the design of any interaction is not the only element to consider. To be successful with automated interactions organisations must also consider a real time understanding of your customers preferences, previous queries, use of your product and services, diagnostics, sentiment, technical aptitude and much more.
Sweepr’s omni channel, white-labelled SaaS solution within Digital Platforms allows us to personalise your automated conversation with customers. Sweepr's Journey Builder toolkit empowers service providers to build customer interactions that use diagnostic insights to solve customer queries, identify churn and help prevent it, consider how best to drive increased customer spend, improve frequency in customer engagement all the while providing detailed customer insights and tools to improve customer experiences.
If automation is the way to go, it cannot be at the cost of understanding your customer's needs, missing the opportunity to educate them on all you have to offer and gauge their sentiment and satisfaction. Only when customers feel they are being spoken to in a way that mirrors their needs will automated interactions be the customer engagement mode of choice.
About the role
The job of a Senior UX Designer is to bring to life a delightful, compelling and truly helpful self-service experience. In this role, you’ll be an enabler of people – even those who most companies insist won’t or can’t use technology – and give them experiences that are so tailored to their needs that they return to them, again and again. If you’re right for our team, your amazing designs will be showcased, in concert with the work of collaborators, such as UX researchers, content developers, engineers and product management.
A Senior UX Designer at Sweepr works closely with clients, building relationships and communicating effectively with stakeholders of varying seniority levels. The ideal candidate will have a strong design background with experience in communicating design process, justification and evidence for design decisions to a variety of different stakeholders.
The right candidate will embrace the challenge of working in a fast moving company as it continues to grow rapidly.
As a UX Designer, you will be responsible for leading the design effort for our customer facing projects. This will involve:
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive and innovative user experiences.
- Facilitate product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Help to validate and refine product direction from micro (user stories and usability) to macro (roadmap and strategy) by gathering feedback from users.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant and thoughtful solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with cross functional team members and stakeholders. In particular, you will work closely alongside our technology consultant to deliver designs to a deadline.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Run workshops and presentations to gather feedback and communicate your designs both internally and with clients.
- Develop new frameworks, design practices and methods for tackling challenges to accelerate delivery.
- Liaise directly with client teams and play a key role in delivering high levels of professionalism and customer satisfaction.
- Take responsibility for the overall design process, quality of work, and accuracy of output to meet with client needs.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communication), Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 5 years in a similar UX designer role.
- A portfolio that shows you've worked on a range of customer-facing projects, particularly in the mobile space.
- Demonstrated visual design sensibilities in applying brand to digital experiences.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Have a keen eye for detail and take pride in your work being free from errors.
- The ability to travel internationally is essential and will be on an as-needed basis to support the growth of the business (we anticipate this to be approx. 15% of the time travelling).
Ideally you will have the following skills:
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
- Experience implementing design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software environment.
- Experience with industry standard design tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, Axure, UX Pin, InVision) to produce wireframes and low to high-fidelity prototypes.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Experience with mobile design patterns and creating high-fidelity prototypes.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships with a diverse and geographically-distributed team.
- Experienced working with motion and animation tools e.g. After Effects and creating lottie animations.
- Experienced working with voice UI and other multimodal platforms.
Please note that whist this role is remote, you will have to be based in either the United Kingdom or Ireland. As stated above, when Covid related travel restrictions are lifted, you will be required to travel to client locations as needed in the UK, Europe, and the US.
To apply, please send your CV, portfolio, and a convincing cover letter demonstrating why you are the best candidate for the role.