Careers at Sweepr
🇮🇪 Dublin, Ireland
Sweepr has developed an intelligent consumer interaction platform capable of providing automated technical support for the connected home. With the Sweepr platform, our global service provider and device manufacturer clients can better understand the status of all connected devices in the home and use this information combined with voice based interactions to help the homeowner through any problems they may be having.
We are seeking a Software developer to assist with developing out our Sweepr cloud platform. This person will compliment a strong team with proven heritage in building highly successful startups focused on communications to address key consumer pain points. The ideal candidate will have a strong development background in developing consumer focused web, messaging/voice and mobile applications using best in class software frameworks and will have commercial software development experience in delivering production ready, mission critical systems to a large user base.
This role will be based in our Dublin office.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering or related discipline
- 2-4 years in software development
- Help drive the development of the Sweepr Cloud platform, working on Product design, research and development.
- Take ownership of key technical components, becoming the subject matter expert in these areas, developing them from product concept to production ready, working through an agile methodology with a strong team of developers, creative designers and QA professionals.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team of architects, product managers, engineers and creative designers to create compelling use cases that are Production ready.
- Assist in mentoring more junior team members with design and coding practises, performing code reviews and advising during feature refinement sessions.
Ideally the candidate has the following skills:
- Experience with development of Java Enterprise technologies including Spring framework components such as Spring Integration, Spring data, JPA, REST API development and lightweight cloud containers such as Docker.
- Experience with REST API development to enable clientside applications.
- Understanding of development using Clientside JS frameworks such as React, Angular or React native.
- Understanding of message oriented middleware technologies such as Rabbit MQ and MQTT.
- Desirable would be an understanding of IOT protocols, Bluetooth, WIFI and IP Network protocols.
- Also desirable is an understanding of analytics technologies such as Apache Spark, Machine learning, and Natural language processing.
- Understanding of widely used Cloud platforms such as Amazon EC2