Careers at Sweepr
Senior Software Developer
January 31, 2021
About the company
At Sweepr we are helping our clients to evolve the digital relationships they have with their customers through highly personalised automation of the customer service experience. Such automation can deliver a range of efficiency, scalability and UX advantages but it cannot be at the cost of understanding a customer’s needs or missing the opportunity to educate them on all that our clients have to offer. Only when customers feel they are being spoken to in a way that understands their individual needs will automated digital interactions be the customer engagement mode of choice. Sweepr is helping our clients to achieve that transformation.
Sweepr is committed to creating a workplace culture based on equality, dignity and diversity, where differences are welcomed and each employee feels valued and respected. We believe that a diverse workforce is one in which different perspectives and backgrounds can be used to provide not only the energy and creativity that will drive our work but also make our workers feel free from the pressures of having to “fit in”. Employees at Sweepr will be free to be themselves. This philosophy applies not only to workers of different ethnicity but also workers from neurodiverse and LGBTQIA+ backgrounds. Sweepr will be a supportive environment where you will be treated with dignity and respect.
About the role
We are now seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work as a core member of the Sweepr Platform team. This person will compliment a strong team with proven heritage in building companies focused on communications to address key consumer pain points.
The ideal candidate will have a strong enterprise software development background with experience in the deployment of enterprise software products and platforms into large organisations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering or related discipline
• At least 7 years’ experience with major scale server-side software development
• Help drive the development of the server-side elements of the Sweepr SaaS platform, working on software design, development and testing
• Take ownership of key technical components, becoming the subject matter expert in these areas, developing them from product concept to production ready, working through an agile methodology with a strong team of designers, developers and QA professionals
• Undertake a key role in a scrum team, undertaking the role of Scrum master on a rotating basis and ensuring key processes and ceremonies are adhered to
• Work in a multi-disciplinary team of architects, product managers, engineers and creative designers to create compelling use cases that are Production ready
• Mentor more junior team members, performing code reviews, contributing to key design decisions and helping improve the development methodology
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
• Expert level understanding of Java Enterprise technologies including Spring framework components such as Spring Integration, Spring data, JPA, Microservices, REST API development and lightweight cloud containers
• Understanding of message-oriented middleware technologies such as Rabbit MQ and MQTT
• An understanding of IOT and networking protocols, Bluetooth, WiFi and IP Network protocols is desirable
• An understanding of data warehousing and analytics technologies is desirable
• Also desirable is an understanding of analytics technologies such as Apache Spark, machine learning, and natural language processing
• An understanding of client-side JS and HTML frameworks such as React/Angular is desirable