QA Automation Engineer
Madrid (Hybrid) · Full time
Sweepr, a startup focusing on providing an autonomous care platform for the connected home is seeking a QA Engineer in our Madrid office to assist with developing out our Sweepr cloud platform and deploying it into our Tier 1 customer base.
This person will be a core part of the QA team in Sweepr, their skills will compliment a strong team with proven heritage in building successful startups focused on communications to address key consumer pain points.
The ideal candidate will have a strong QA background in validating consumer focused web, messaging/voice and mobile applications using best in class software frameworks and QA methodologies and will have commercial experience in delivering production ready, mission critical systems to a large user base.
This role is hybrid, based in our Madrid office in Alcalá de Henares.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 5 years in the Quality assurance of Enterprise software products with major scale in automation.
- As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and executing both manual and automated tests scripts. You will work closely with developers, designers, and engineers to ensure our applications are thoroughly tested.
- Design, implement, execute and maintain both manual and automated tests for API, Web and Mobile applications.
- Identify and document bugs.
- Assist in various types of testing, including functional, non-functional, regression, smoke, exploratory and acceptance.
- Participate in team discussions on how to improve our testing practices, tools and processes.
- Develop and execute on QA plans that align with Product release cycles and Customer deployments.
- Mentor more junior developers and QA team members, guiding them in automation best practise and where necessary establishing clear methodologies and approaches to help ensure high quality output.
- Strong understanding of QA best practises in an Agile development environment, including the ceremonies to understand features and define test plans for them, and how to create automation strategies for longer term regression test cycles.
- Expert level capability in Web and Mobile QA for consumer facing applications and tools, focused on creating repeatable sets of test packages. This should include regression tests, automated tests and in time non-functional tests such as load testing and penetration tests.
- Good understanding of cloud server infrastructure’s and applications to facilitate troubleshooting. This includes areas such as Java process memory management and analysis, database analysis, server I/O, CPU and Memory, REST and HTTP
protocols and Java stacks and log analysis.
- Some Understanding of Java Enterprise technologies including Spring framework components such as Spring Integration, Spring data, JPA, REST API development and lightweight cloud containers.
- Understanding of REST API and JSON development for clientside applications
- Experience with Selenium, Cypress, Appium
- Experience with GIT and code review process
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment
- Desirable would be an understanding of IOT protocols, Bluetooth, WIFI and IP Network protocols.
- Also desirable is an understanding of analytics technologies such as Apache Spark, Machine learning, and Natural language processing.
- 3+ years experience writing automation tests (Web, iOS , Android)
Interested in joining the Sweepr Team?Email your CV to: